Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 2 & 3


On Friday Amber, Augustina (Amber’s roommate) and I went down to Middleton, about an hour and a half south of Adelaide.  On the way I got to enjoy more scenic views, of which I do have a few pictures. While there we enjoyed a 2 hour surfing lesson (yes surfing!!). We had a great teacher and with his awesome teaching skills we were all able to stand up by the end of the lesson (I wont tell you how many falls it took).  I drank so much salt water that I probably have high cholesterol.

After going to Middleton we went to Port Elliot, about 10 minutes away. Every year they have a big event called Schoolies. All the graduated seniors come to the city to party for a weekend. Friday afternoon things were just starting to get set up and kids were arriving. We had lunch and then walked around the port for a bit and then enjoyed yet another beautiful scenic drive back, only this time it was different.  Amber’s car decided to start acting up and we lost the cd player and clock, then the car starting acting up. We were fine until we got about 10 miles from home and then the car died. After letting it rest for a bit we were able to make it a couple of more miles. After doing that a couple of times we finally made it home.

This morning we took the car a couple of times a short distance and the car so far is drivable but isn’t 100%. It hasn’t been looked at so we’re not entirely sure what is wrong with it. Amber is going to take it in for a look-c-there as soon as she can. Pray that it isn’t a major fix. Everything in Australia is a lot more expensive than it is in the states. If you would like to help with some $$ just let me know!!

Today was a relaxing day. Amber went to a training session while I stayed home and attempted to work on some stuff for church, I failed miserably at it. When she got back we went to the beach to lie in the sun. I learned that I am a sun block applier retard and missed several spots.  Now I have some interesting red blotches on my body. In the evening we met up with Georgia’s, an Eastern Michigan University student, for dinner at a nice restaurant. 

Tomorrow is church and whatever else Australia holds for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment