Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting to - 1st Leg

In order to get to where I need to be in Australia I need to take 3 flights. Here are some of what has already happened (I know you are thinking how can there possibly be anything to write about, you just wait)…

I arrived early for my flight leaving from Detroit, which was a good thing. I got to the ticket counter to check my bag when the attendant asked me to my visa; I in my utter geniousness gave her my Visa credit card. When she gave me a “Is this a joke” stare I realized that wasn’t what she was talking about. Apparently you need a travel visa in order to get into Australia. Since no one informed me of this requirement I was ill prepared. By God’s grace an Australian travel visa is the only visa that the Detroit Metro Airport can issue. So for $20.00 the attendant was able to apply for one for me.  Praise the Lord! One step closer to Australia!!

The flight felt longer than expected which isn’t good seeing as I have about a 13 hour flight in front of me. I was able to watch about 10 minutes of Inception (didn’t like it) and Dear John. I did get some pretty good cookies on the plane. Not sure what they were but a lot better than expected. I got an isle set, which meant I had to keep moving for the other2 guys next to me to use the bathroom. Note to flyers don’t down a can of soda, then go to the bathroom, then down a cup of coffee and go to the bathroom while I am in the aisle seat! Especially don’t wake me up to do so. I even had a slightly traumatizing moment when the window guy’s butt grazed by temple, guess it serves me right when I didn’t want to get up.

Maneuvering the LA airport I realized isn’t the easiest thing to do. I had to walk a bazillion miles to get to my terminal (okay like 5 minutes). Once inside my terminal it became apparent that the airline I was flying isn’t very popular, which resulted in people not really knowing where my gate was. None of the flight boards had my flight, which had me really worried. Finally after asking 3 people who told me the general area I found my gate among the sea of gates.

I am now sitting in the LA airport waiting more 11:15pm flight, which is way past my bedtime. Wouldn’t it be a bummer if I fell asleep and missed my flight…

2 comments:

  1. Inception is a great movie!! It's confusing in the begining but it is really good. Sounds like your having a good time... Glad this one turned out...ENJOY your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete